You know that the game of golf, unlike many other sports, can be played by all classes of people irrespective of their age categories.
Although golf might not be the regular sport that requires you to exert so much strength in it; yet some level of strength is required for a proper swing.
Its common, as a senior golfer, your swing speed wouldn’t be the same as your younger years and you would need irons that would suit your new playing style and still keep you on top of your game, and that’s why this post on the best irons for seniors with slow swing speed is here to help find the type of irons that could help you enjoy your game.
You know how frustrating it is to find your once adored clubs beginning to come shot on the green and the distance you used to drive is beginning to sound like some wide dream.
Luckily, modern club manufacturers have imbibed in technology to help every class of golf player irrespective of age, still enjoy their time on the green.
Choosing the right irons as a senior with slow swing speed.
As a senior whose swing speed is slow due to aging and declining strength, what sorts of iron should you choose?
For most senior players, there is a need to look for irons that are designed to compensate for the lack of strength, focus, and consistency.
Maybe irons that are a little longer since you can no longer, at this age learn forward as much you used to.
And also irons that are lightweight yet gives you the ability to control your swing and direction, and not something heavier than you could comfortably swing.
Good enough, we have irons that are specifically designed with the seniors with a low swing speed in mind, and this’s what this post is out to achieve.
To help you discover some irons that could fit your game and give you the confidence you desire on the green.
What to look out for when choosing irons as a senior with a low-speed swing.
When you’re looking to change your irons as a senior whose swing speed is slow due to declining strength, there are a few things to look at.
You know the primary function of irons is to help you propel the ball closer to the hole, and you need the right sets of irons to do that.
Lenght of the Iron.
This is especially important if you are looking to gain maximum distance from iron shots, you might want to go for irons which are a little longer than the regular ones.
Again, for ease of leaning forward, it is more appropriate to go for longer irons given the fact that most senior golfers can not lean forward easily like the younger person.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a new iron as a senior with low swing speed is the weight of the shaft. Lightweight shaft irons are easier to swing, help you to increase your swing speed, and by so doing increase your distance as well.
Although lightweight shaft irons might not necessarily mean longer shots, they are, however, the best bet for seniors with low swing speed, considering their strength at this point.
6 Best Golf Irons For Seniors With Slow Swing Speed.
So, here we have meticulously selected the top 10 golf irons for seniors with slow swing speed.
These irons are mostly game-improving irons that have been designed to help both those new in the game and seniors who are finding it difficult to hit their target consistently.
Now, even if you’ve not been in the game for some time and you want to return back to the game as a senior, you will find these irons beneficial.
1.TaylorMade Golf P790 Iron Set
Here are some interesting features of the TaylorMade P790 iron that makes them stand out among other similar products.
- Forged hollow body.
- Low profile tungsten weight for a lower CG and higher launch.
- Ultralight urethane speed form infused into the clubhead to improve feel and sound.
- Progressive Inverted Technology(I.C.T) placed strategically to improve accuracy.
- Optimized for forgiveness and distance.
- Uniquely constructed to promote ball distance
- Non at the moment but will update as soon as something pops up.
2. Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo HB Iron Set.
- These iron sets are designed to offer maximum forgiveness and a higher trajectory, with long and accurate shots.
- A thinner and hot iron face helps to increase ball speed and explosive distance.
- Progressive hollow shaping that offers a smooth transition from hybrid-like long irons to short-irons, offering maximum forgiveness, yet allows you total control.
- A lightweight graphite shaft that makes it easier for seniors to have control of their swings.
- The shaft is lightweight, exactly what seniors need.
- Fully optimized for forgiveness, distance, and accuracy.
- Thinner and hot face design to increase ball speed and distance.
- There have been few complaints especially from seniors about the extra weight at the bottom, as most seniors would want irons that are a little lighter and that can compensate for their lack of strength.
3. Callaway Big Bertha B21 Iron Set.
- This is the first Big Bertha Iron with our Artificial Intelligence-designed Flash Face Cup.
- More offset for easy launch, lower spin, and straighter shots. More offset means lower chances of slices.
- At impact, the 360 Face Cup flexes and releases thereby promoting more ball speed, exactly what low swing speed golfers need.
- Urethane microspheres aimed at absorbing unwanted Vibration. This helps in promoting exceptional feel, and sound, at the same promoting fast ball speed.
- More offset, meaning minimal chances of slice minimize( Slices are common problems found among seniors and high handicappers).
- Optimized for forgiveness, fast ball speed, and high launch.
- Easy to hit, and of course, you have more confidence with Bertha B12.
- Might be a little pricey for some folks, but its totally worth it.
4. TaylorMade SIM MAX Irons
- ECHO Damping system to eliminate harsh vibration at impact, giving you a great feel.
- Speed Bridge technology placed strategically to unlock explosive distance, promotes more forgiveness, as well as improve sound and feel.
- Progressive Inverted Cone Technology promotes accuracy.
- Thinner face optimized for ball speed and forgiveness.
- Great sound and feel.
- optimized for forgiveness and, ball speed.
- increased sweet sport through ICT(Inverted Cone Technology).
- Enhanced accuracy and more distance.
- Still looks a little pricey especially for folks on a budget.
5. Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Iron Set.
- Fast face cup technology to promote optimum launch and ball flight.
- Use of Artificial Intelligence for an improved performance like fastball speed, long and consistent distance, etc.
- Tungsten energy core a deeper CG for easy launched and increased forgiveness.
- Urethane microspheres to eliminate unwanted and harsh vibration for a great feel.
- Optimized for forgiveness, distance, and fastball speed.
- Zero unwanted vibration that promotes an amazing feel.
- Artificial Intelligence for optimum performance.
- The Marvik max irons are absolutely great per performance, however, a lot of people feel they are a little too pricey.
6. Cleveland Golf 2018 Men’s Launcher CBX Iron Set.
Here is the summary of some key features of the Cleveland launcher CBX Iron set.
- Tour zip grooves combined with double laser milling to produce spin consistency.
- Progressive V sole designed to offer more forgiveness and lift through the turf.
- New Launcher cup face aimed at providing exceptional ball speed and more distance.
- Feel balancing Technology that moved weight down to towards the impact zone from the hosel, giving a better feel and control.
- A lightweight shaft for easier launch and more ball speed, exactly what every senior golfer with low swing speed wants.
- Optimized for forgiveness
- The shaft is lightweight, and the weight is moved downwards towards the impact area, perfect for senior players.
- Easy to heat irons.
- Offset, and great feel.
- Non, Unless you have reasons to move to the latest version.
These iron sets are absolutely great and are a wonderful recommendation for everyone; seniors, slow swing speed, beginners, etc.
For seniors looking to have it a little easy on the course, and maybe improve on their overall performance, these iron sets are a must-have.
Let’s know in the comment section if you have used any of the listed irons in this post, lets have your reactions.