In the game of golf, the choice of equipment is vital as they will greatly enhance one’s game. For this reason, this post is focusing on the best golf drivers for seniors, considering the peculiarities that come with age and all that.
Also note that, unlike other sports, golf is played across all age brackets, young, middle age, and seniors, even among those considered to be in the twilight of their existence.
Now, as a senior who is interested in the game of golf, the choice of golf equipment including drivers is vital. This is simply because, depending on your age, certain requirements might not be suitable or appropriate for you as they might be either too heavy for the weak hands to handle, and all that.
That is why we have gone to the field and handpicked a couple of top-performing drivers for you with the hope and believe that no matter your skill level, you can easily adapt these drivers to your style and ability.
As we age our strength weakens as does our agility and hand-eye coordination. If you notice your golf slipping, it might just be the time to purchase new gear.
Going forward, lets, first of all, look at the considerations for choosing the best golf driver for seniors. For those interested in upgrading your whole bag, head over to our detailed reviews
What you must consider when selecting golf drivers.
Below are several important features that you should take into consideration seriously. Keep reading to find out:
The shaft material
Good shaft material is usually made of graphite or steel. Steel shafts are usually the ones with the most weight between both. It is also okay if you go for the graphite shaft because its flexible and more lighter, hence increases accuracy, control, and swing speed.
The shaft flex grade should solely depend on your swing speed. If your swing speed is below 70 miles per hour, then you should go for a drive with a ladies flex shaft. Then if your swing speed ranges from 70 to 85 miles per hour, a drive with a senior flex shaft is all you need. Swing speed higher than 85 miles per hour goes with a stiff or regular flex shaft.
It is important you a driver with a perfect length, not too long, not too short. There is a tiny difference between the driver’s length for women and men. Men’s drivers are normally measured from 45 to 48 inches. Women’s drivers tend to be approximately 44 inches. Of course, the size of the driver also depends on how players feel about the overall control.
A club’s loft represents the angle created between its face and shaft. You should know your swing speed because the loft of your driver depends greatly on it. For you to calculate your swing speed, use a computerized launch monitor. A higher swing speed requires less loft for your driver.
A maximum loft of regular drivers is only 12 degrees; this indicator could increase up to 14 degrees for seniors and older players.
Size of Clubhead
Clubhead has different designs. The woods and fairway woods drivers tend to have larger heads than those of wedges. While traditional putters offer small head sizes, modern designs possess heads with larger volumes.
However, when it comes to a golf driver for seniors, you should pick up a club head with a large size
Best Selected Golf Drivers For Seniors.
So, what are the best golf drivers for seniors 2020? Well, here is what we have done; instead of pointing at a single Driver as the best performing golf driver of 2020, we instead brought you a carefully selected list of ten(10) highly-rated golf drivers suited for seniors in 2020.
So, here we go.
1. TaylorMade M3 Driver 440
This driver is an improved version of the Taylormade M3 and comes with new technology for efficiency. The driver features a twist face technology that has a unique curvature to reduce side spin by altering the loft. This design, in turn, helps you to find the fairway. It is more forgiving than most of and that makes it a suitable choice.
- High-quality build
- Total Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Flex: X-stiff
- Shaft Material: Graphite
- Adjustable Loft: 9, 10 degrees
- The club features a hammerhead slot which is a redesigned sole slot that makes it one of the most effective, adjustable drivers.
- The twisted face, corrective face curvature helps to reduce the spin in mis-hit locations resulting in a straighter shot off the tee. The slot allows a more flexible clubface which results in a larger sweet spot.
- The curvature increases loft in the high-toe and decreases loft in the low heel area which helps to reduce the sidespin. With this feature, you hit the ball straighter more often for desirable results.
- Cost is friendly compared to similar products with even lesser improvement features.
- The forgiving features make it suitable for even seniors with a higher handicap.
- Not for now but will update as soon as more information is gathered.
2. Cobra King F8 + Driver Nardo
The Cobra King F8 Driver is shot able in terms of helping you to tune your distance and trajectory regardless of the conditions. It comes with 2 CG positions in the front and the back which result in two different ball flights. This is an integral part of achieving desirable results without having to put in excessive pressure.
- Lightweight titanium build
- Total weight: 1 pound
- Flex: Regular
- Shaft material: Aldila
- Adjustable Lofts available
- Available in left and right orientation
- Driver features a thin and precise milled face to deliver high performance for great results. One of the outstanding features of this driver’s face is the shape it takes towards the center.
- It has a thin face that is light to achieve maximum ball speed for extra distance. The face has different curvatures on the top for optimized launch and spin. This works great for shots hit high or low on the face.
- The loft comes with eight easily adjustable settings to help you manage trajectory and launch conditions.
- Adjustable loft helps manage trajectory
- Offers maximum ball speed and distance
- They do not deliver much forgiveness.
3. Cobra Men’s F-Max Offset Driver
Cobra Men’s F-Max Driver is an ideal choice for seniors. It presents one with accurate and consecutive shots on course. The design of this club features an offset hosel feature which creates higher launch with more draw. This results in straighter, precise, and accurate shots with less struggle. The ultra-light shaft and swing weights promote maximum clubhead speed and distance for even slower swing speeds.
The F-Max driver has a heel to promote more forgiving and straighter drives. The alignment of the crown makes it easy to get the clubhead in the right position for more consecutive shots. The titanium face insert helps to deliver more speed and distance on off-center hits.
One major feature that makes this club ideal for seniors is how light it is. It is an ideal piece for someone that needs a little boost off the tees. Overall, this driver has quality construction, easy maintenance, and withstands regular use.
- High-quality titanium build
- Total Weight:
- Flex: Senior
- Shaft Material: Graphite
- Adjustable Loft: 10.5, 11.5
- Alignment makes clubhead give accurate shots
- Has high-quality construction
- Ultralightweight shaft promotes speed and distance
- Some seniors may find this driver a bit too light.
4.Cobra Golf F-Max Superlite Driver
The Cobra Golf F-Max Driver is a perfect choice for those needing a lightweight driver for improved performance and a better swing.
The driver design technology makes it easy to handle and guarantees you improved performance, great speed, and controlled distance. It has a back weighting feature with an ultra-forgiving construction that has an internal weight pad. The weighted pad positioned low, back and heel ward helps to promote higher launch and improve ball flights.
Another feature that makes it an ideal driver is the crown alignment design which assists with a square set up. Depending on the experience of the golfer, one can choose the offset design for maximum potential
- Premium quality construction
- Total weight: 1.1 pounds
- Flex: Stiff
- Shaft Material: Graphite
- Adjustable Loft: 9.5, 10 degrees
- Right-hand model
- Offers great speed and distance control
- It is lightweight for an easy and better swing
- Lacks some flexibility features.
5.Medicus DA Dual Hinge Driver
The Medicus Hinged Driver is designed with a dual-hinge to help you fix your swing and improve consistency and distance. As you learn how to set your swing over time, the hinged club shaft remains straight.
One of the unique features of this driver is its designed hinges. It is specially made to help seniors adopt a suitable swing and improve their accuracy and distance.
It helps them enhance swing tempo and path which in turn, will result in consistent, targeted shots. This is the right driver for those that are trying to fix their swing and need a more flexible option.
One major advantage of using this driver is that it will help to train your muscles in the process. It also helps to eliminate slices, hooks, and achieve a consistent swing. This is the perfect driver to transition from practice to play with regular training. It has nine primary breaking points that come in handy to detect flaws and point out where the problem with your swing is.
This driver is designed for anyone that needs a more forgiving driver. The hinged design comes in handy to allow adjusting the hinge tension to help you advance your swing. It is easy to use and any senior trying to get a knack of using a driver will benefit. It will help you figure out the problem areas and allow a customized fix with the hinged design.
Quality hinged design
Total weight: 1.2 pounds
Right-hand orientation; available in left
Look for the most forgiving driver? Callaway Great Big Bertha Epic Driver is waiting for you to pick up.
- Practicing with the DualHinge Driver can correct your swing, improve consistency, distance, accuracy, and ball flight.
- Learn to swing on path, control your clubface, and hit consistent on-target shots with the Medicus DualHinge D.A. Driver.
- Train your muscles the right way using Medicus Dual Hinge Driver. It helps eliminate slices, hooks, and achieve a consistent swing. Hit live balls in practice, so you can seamlessly transition from practice to play.
- This Drver gives you instant feedback. Its the best practice golf club driver for senior players.
- The patented Dual Hinge technology enables you to adjust the hinge tension for an increased change if your swing speed improves.
- They are adjustable
- Driver delivers instant feedback and feel
- Doesn’t deliver enough forgiveness
6. Callaway Golf 2017 Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver
The Callaway brand seems to be on top in the golf industry because it had the world’s best engineers of golf clubs. This company provides a wide range of sporting goods such as golf equipment, golf-related products, and accessories.
Callaway is extremely talented in manufacturing high-quality golf-related products and meeting customer’s needs.
This Driver delivers maximum forgiveness because it is perfectly created by a combination of triaxial carbon crown and titanium Exo-Cage which generates unprecedented forgiveness in a low spin and high launch design. It is also padded with precision shot shape control. Its sliding 17g weight and redesigned track allow golfers to fit the club to their swings. Asides control, it also supports faster head speed. The incorporation of the proprietary Speed Step and streamlined head helps enhance airflow for higher swing speed.
In a nutshell, this product is highly suitable for lovers of drivers with high forgiveness.
- Product dimension: 48x6x6 inches
- Forgiveness: High
- Head materials: Titanium and Tri-carbon titanium
- Face technology: R-Moto
- They have an impressive distance and adjustable perimeter weighting
- They are fast, powerful, and with so many stock shaft options
- Has ball speed across the face
- Callaway Epic Driver requires time and patience to adjust properly
7. Cobra Men’s Fly Z Driver
Seek for the best drivers for distance? Cobra drivers are our recommendations. Cobra goods are not only famous for their continuous innovation but also their eye-catching and modern design. There is no sharp-tongued when saying Cobra drivers always meet their prissy customer’s expectations.
For those who are huge fans of the Cobra golf clubs, Cobra Fly-Z Driver may be no longer a strange product. It is voted as one of the most popular drivers today. And of course, everything happens for a reason. Keep reading to find out.
Normally, Fly-Z wins golfers’ hearts at first sight due to its cool appearance. It is not only a normal driver but also fashionable stuff showing off its owner’s personalities.
Its performance is pretty consistent with an ideal balance between distance and forgiveness. It also features a Speed Channel to generate an extra ball speed which allows easier elevation and extra distance.
Cobra Fly-Z Driver applies Crown Zone Weighting Technology to reduce weight to the back position and low at the aim of providing higher flight trajectory and forgiveness.
One more feature that makes Fly-Z outstanding among Cobra products is the Forged E9 Zone Face feature. This feature is added to make a bigger MOI and sweet spot by reducing the weight from the face and remaining the overall MOI. Hence, the face is becoming considerably wider and taller.
With Cobra’s non-stop innovation, Crown Zone Weighting Technology isn’t enough. The Cobra Fly-Z series are also engineered with SmartPad Technology to adjust the face angle.
Furthermore, thanks to this smart feature, golf players don’t have to take time and effort to change the loft angle and adjust their swing.
In conclusion, if the distance is your priority, pick up this Crown Fly-Z Driver now, and we’re pretty sure that it won’t let you down, even a second.
- Product dimensions: 1x1x1 inches
- Grip Type: Cobra LamkinRel Black
- Head size: 460cc
- Lofts: 9.50, 10.50, 11.50
- Fashionable and attractive design
- Impressive forgiveness
- Offer the longest distance among 3 three Fly-Z products
- Bright and resonant on impact
- Lightweight and easy to swing
- Numerous crown colors to pick up
- Stunning aesthetically
- Too much spin
- Some golf players found the clubhead to big
8. Call away XR 16 Driver.
There is no exaggeration when saying Callaway XR 16 Driver is one of the best drivers for high handicappers.
Like other Callaway drivers, this Callaway XR 16 Driver also delivers extreme forgiveness. The forgiveness leads to a higher speed at impact location and adds more distance for all players.
In the producing process, Callaway co-operated with Boeing to form a new threshold of club speed. With the intention of saving weight and adding more speed, Callaway manufacturer creates a high head speed design with low drag by pinpointing the placement and size of the re-engineered Speed Step.
Interestingly, this driver applies RMOTO Face Technology to make the body lighter and 19% thinner. With the thinner and lighter features, it leads to more ball speed with a faster pace. In addition, this product is available in 3 distinct flexes: Stiff, Regular, and Senior.
In conclusion, Callaway XR 16 Driver is a fantastic and beautiful golf clubs with cool graphics. It ensures both high club speed and impressive distance.
- Product dimensions: 48x6x6 inches
- Material: Titanium
- Club length: 45.75 inches
- Shaft Flex: Light, Regular, Stiff, X Stiff
- Great forgiveness
- Excellent acoustics
- Adjustable face bias
- Loft/hosel adjustments
- Faster ball speeds, added distance
- Higher spin rate
- It isn’t responsive sometimes
9. TaylorMade Men’s M2 460cc Driver
When it comes to Best drivers for slicers, TaylorMade M2 Driver comes none to second. This product was a best-seller product in 2016 due to its high performance.
TaylorMade M2 Driver is made of white and black carbon crowns which make it look masculine and sporty. It is a perfect version of TaylorMade M and M1 drivers. It is pretty responsive and powerful.
Additionally, its sound is fairly prominent. The carbon material prevents the classic driving range cannon sound.
Like M1 driver, M2 also has a large address profile, allowing a more confident touch over the ball. With the support of M1, making a powerful swing but effortless is easy as a pie.
M2 users will benefit from forgiveness. Instead of spending money on the premium M1 to have a straighter ball flight, now you have your M2.
Furthermore, TaylorMade M2 is much cheaper than M1 which is commonly favored by Taylor’s big fan. However, it possesses better features. If you fancy TaylorMade brand, don’t hesitate to invest in a TaylorMade M2 Driver.
- Product dimensions: 1x1x1 inches
- Loft: 9.50 , 10.50, 120
- Flex: L, A, Regular, Stiff, X-Stiff
- Adjustable Hosel
- Excellent weight redistribution
- Revamped Speed Pocket
- Low-spinning profile
- Increased MOI and reduced CG
- Geoacoustic technology
- Limited adjustment for a premium-quality driver
- Might not be suited for golfers with moderate to high handicaps
10.TaylorMade Men’s AeroBurner 2016 Driver
TaylorMade is famous for producing good-quality products at an affordable price. If you are looking for the best cheap drivers under 200, then don’t hesitate to buy TaylorMadeAeroBurner Driver.
TaylorMade comes with a 460cc aerodynamic clubhead which consists of a new hosel fin, a rounder toe, and a raised center crown.
To decrease the spin and increase the sweet spot size, it is designed with a new Speed Pocket. It possesses an aesthetic look, with a linear crown graphic and the white matte finish with a black PVD face.
Even though it doesn’t provide adjustability options, it still delivers impressive forgiveness. In terms of the shaft, it comes in 3 types: Stiff, Regular and Senior flexes.
- Product dimensions: 49.2×3.2×4.3 inches
- Grip Type: TM Speed, Lamkin UTX TP, Winn Speed Ladies
- Head size: 460cc
- >Lofts: 9.5,10.5,12
- Shafts: Matrix Speed RUL-Z50, TP Matrix Ozik White Tie 60X4, Matrix Speed RUL-Z45
- Super long with an explosive feel
- Excellent weight balance and distance
- Easy to swing
- Excellent stock grip
- Fixed hosel
- Low control for fast swingers
We have been able to list out the selected best golf drivers for seniors to help guide you when you’re picking your golf club from stores. These golf drivers have been carefully picked and offer some amazing features for game improvements, helping you to take your game to the top.
If you have used any of the Drivers listed here, could you drop a comment down this post and let us know your opinion on them?
Also, if you have any questions, you can drop a comment down here and we will respond as soon as possible.